Royal Canadian Legion Erin
The Erin Branch 442 of the Royal Canadian Legion received its Charter the 19th of February, 1947 with Veteran Oscar Steky as President. Since that time the Branch has served Erin and District as a volunteer based Veterans and Community organization.
The Branch had its first meeting hall, with a $50 grant from the village, in the basement of Wally Longstreet’s butcher shop, now part of Holtom’s Bakery. For a few years the Branch was at a house on the corner of Daniel and Spring Street before building the present building on Dundas Street in 1958, which has been expanded a number of times.
The Erin Cenotaph was unveiled and dedicated on Sunday 11th November, 1956. In 1978 the Branch obtained 75 lots in the Erin Union Cemetery for Veterans and their spouses.
The Legion Ladies Auxiliary Chapter 84 received their Charter in 1958 and served the community faithfully for 50 years and held their final Anniversary Banquet in November of 2008.
Our Office 519-833-7467 and Club Room 519-833-2212 are open on various days and times which may change from time to time. It is best to go to the website Branch Information, Coming Events and other pages for the latest information if you are not receiving an answer or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org